Published by NZME. Educational Media under contract for the sixteenth consecutive year, New Zealand Education Gazette is the Ministry of Education’s official publication. It carries all official notices, school vacancies and news stories relevant to the school market and early childhood education.
In addition to the free-to-list school vacancies and notices, Education Gazette also accepts paid recruitment, professional development notices and display advertising for all matters relating to the school and early childhood education sectors.
Complementing the fortnightly print edition is the completely up-to-date Education Gazette website. All free listings appear on the website.
Facts at a glance
- Delivered free to every school and early childhood education centre in New Zealand
- Teachers are required to read the official notices section
- 85% of teachers read the editorial
- 17,000 copies circulated fortnightly (22 editions annually)
- One copy is delivered to every school board of trustees
- Complemented by up-to-date website.
Circulation and readership
17,200 copies fortnightly of New Zealand Education Gazette are delivered free to all public and private primary, intermediate and secondary schools in New Zealand, as well as early childhood education centres, kindergartens, kohanga reo, tertiary institutions and Ministry agencies.
The number of copies delivered to schools is calculated by a ratio of one Education Gazette for every six teachers.
People interested in education news or who are looking for teaching positions may take individual paid subscriptions to Education Gazette.